Greater Shepparton is a vibrant, diverse community located approximately two hours north of Melbourne in the heart of the Goulburn Valley, the food bowl of Australia.
Our central location is a major advantage and has seen our urban centre emerge as the retail, industry and services hub for central Victoria. Located at the intersection of the Midland and Goulburn Valley Highways, Greater Shepparton provides straightforward access to Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
Along with our location, Greater Shepparton’s critical mass of population and significant infrastructure provides the base of many key competitive advantages:
- An established manufacturing sector, with multinational companies such as SPC, Tatura Milk, Campbell’s, Freedom Foods, Pental Soaps and Unilever calling Greater Shepparton home
- Extensive road transport industry with Shepparton often being referred to as the transport hub of regional Victoria
- Thriving food production industry with most-recent annual agricultural output $664.1m leading to exports of $295.4m
- Affordable residential and commercial real estate
- Access to a high standard of telecommunications and IT infrastructure
- Excellent health, leisure, arts facilities and services
- Education facilities that encourage career advancement, trade qualifications and meet ongoing cultural demand
- Recognition as a regional sporting capital, hosting many regional, state, national and international major sporting events
The mild climate and high level of activity coupled with a diverse culture makes Greater Shepparton an exciting place to be.
The city of Shepparton sits at the heart of Greater Shepparton, surrounded by many wonderful towns and communities that contribute to the region's diversity and culture.
As a growing regional centre with a vibrant cultural mix of people, our community comprises 66,007 residents living within 60+ localities.
Greater Shepparton provides an enviable, well-rounded lifestyle that is hard to beat. With its central location being a major strength, Greater Shepparton is the ideal regional location in which to live, work, invest and visit.
Located in the heart of Victoria’s Goulburn Valley, our central location, extensive infrastructure, entrepreneurial community spirit, quality fresh food, and manufacturing excellence, all combine to provide an ideal environment and climate to grow and thrive.
Real Estate & Housing
Whether it’s an urban or rural lifestyle you’re seeking, we have an abundance of experienced, local real estate agents who are at your service.
Education & Childcare
Greater Shepparton boasts an extensive range of educational options at all levels. Whether it’s the first day of school, getting your first qualification or embarking on an MBA, education in Greater Shepparton can take you all the way.
You can get around Greater Shepparton with the great ease thanks to the road connectivity, public transport and bike and walking paths. Thankfully everything is just around the corner.
We understand that one of the key considerations when moving to a new area is the availability and quality of health care services. We can reassure you that the health services in Greater Shepparton are second to none!
Environment & Weather
The Goulburn River forms the backbone and lifeblood of our region, winding its way through beautiful countryside, native forests and fertile farmlands, bringing life to the rich agricultural landscape which has made the area renowned as Australia’s food bowl.
Pets & Vets
We understand that your four-legged friends and those with feathers or gills are part of your family, so their health and wellbeing is paramount.